I went to the doctors who have diagnosed me with abdominal migraines and they have said that I need the coil fitted as my pill is a massive contributing factor to my illness which has stirred up some unknown feelings inside me about having babies.
I am nearly 34 and Tilly will be 4 this year with her brothers being 6 and 11 respectively, if I want another baby now is the time to do it, I’m getting on and when I have the coil fitted it will be in for 3 years and I wouldn’t take it out to try.
Alex is content to not have anymore but if I wanted to try he would be 100% on board with my decision. I’m totally torn on the idea. On one hand I have mouse begging me for a baby sister (she has no idea we don’t choose) and then on the flip side I don’t know if I could go back to the disruption and intensity of having a newborn so I have decided to do what I do what I do best and that’s to make a pro/cons list
- A live in sibling for mouse.
- Having a little human who needs us as much as mouse.
- Carrying a baby inside me, other than the indigestion it was the most amazing experience I have had as a woman.
- Tilly would have a full time live in sibling.
- WHO DOESNT LOVE A BABY!!
- Cost (baby’s are expensive)
- Space (we have a 3 bedroom home, 1 for us, 1 for mouse and 1 for the boys when they come over.
- Just getting my life back.
- My dreams of a career change would be on hold again.
- My age, I wish I had mouse earlier.
I fear my heart is trying to overrule my head. I never wanted children yet here we are with 3 between us and another seems crazy when I say it out loud but some of the most important humans in my life are my two amazing sisters, my life would be nothing without their love and support and my heart aches that mouse won’t have that relationship, if her siblings lived closer I think my worries would be eased.
This blog isn’t really helping my cause, I’m just as confused as when I started so fingers crossed a decision just comes to me. I know everyone has their thoughts on the matter both to and against but this is solely one only myself and my husband can finally come to. So who knows what this year will hold for the Flecks.
Signing off with love and lipstick,